A MAN was given oxygen by firefighters after attempting to tackle a garage fire.
Crews were called to Hesketh Drive, in Southport, just after 10am yesterday.
Firefighters put out the blaze and treated the man for smoke inhalation. He also received a check-up by paramedics.
It is thought the fire was caused by an electrical fault in cables charging a battery.
Watch manager Rob Hamill, of Southport fire station, said: “If you charge batteries or use electrical equipment in garages make sure flammables, aerosols and oils are moved some distance away to reduce the risk of fire spread from electrical faults.”