Oct 16 2012
Former News International chief executive Rebekah Brooks received a pay-off totalling more than £7m after leaving the newspaper publisher last year, it has been reported.
The Financial Times said the sum consisted of cash and pension payments as well as an allowance for legal fees and the use of a chauffeur-driven car.
Sources told the newspaper "substantial" clawback clauses will entitle News International to recover some of the payment from Ms Brooks "in certain circumstances".
The 44-year-old, who will stand trial next year on various charges relating to the phone hacking scandal, had been with Rupert Murdoch's UK newspapers business since 1989.
News International did not comment.