How we use Cookies

Fan keep their cool to take point off Salisbury

All the latest from the Ormskirk and District Sunday Football League

GENERIC FOOTBALL BALL IN BACK OF NET Detail of a match ball resting in the back of the net during the warm up


Salisbury  3  Fantail  3

In a tense competitive game Salisbury shared the points with Fantail after a six goal thriller at the Litherland sports centre.

Goals from Jamie Hay and Tom Peterson for Salisbury were matched by Fantail strikers Ramon McHugh and Tony Daulby before the break to keep this  game alive.

Peterson completed his brace early in the second half and chances went astray as both teams kept up the relentless pressure.

Fantail finally got their break in the 79th minute when Michael Roberts crashed home a free kick to set up a tense finale.

Both teams continued to create chances right to the finish but failed to score any more. 


Melling Victoria v Stand park  (Home win)

Bar Du Fay v Kestrel’s  (Away win )


Division One

Falcon  1  Platinum M/W  4

Platinum won the battle of the top two promotion teams to press their chances for the  Championship.

This after a tight first half that kept everyone on their toes till a late Platinum strike by Jack Wilson changed things.

The second half was dominated by Platinum who scored a further three goals from Joe Warring, Dave Polvey and Jay Gardiner. Falcon’s consolation came from Kevin Hayes, with a mention for referee Chris Bull who kept the game flowing.


MCA  1    Civil Service  2

MCA missed their chance of going into third spot with a home defeat to the Civil Service in a  close nervy game.

The first half was little to talk about as both teams found it difficult to break  down their opponents with wasted chances when they came.

The Service broke the deadlock  early in the second half with a superb strike from Jay Clarke and it was game on.

Adam Taylor equalised  ten minutes later as MCA found their attacking form and looked odds on to get the winner.

That  proved their down fall however as they pushed forward for the winner.

The Service broke out and  when Mick Hamilton received a long pass over the top there was only one thing on his mind, and  that was that.


The Liver  3  Sacred Heart  3

The Liver gave Sacred Heart a first half shock as they romped into a three goal lead, strikes from Norman Call, Adam Bad and Get hem Sorted could have knocked the stuffing out of the Heart but had the opposite effect.

The Heart rallied around and came back with a brace of goals from Ged Hayes before the break to set up a thrilling second half.

As expected the second half was tight with both defences holding out till ten minutes from the end when Lee Metcalf equalised for Sacred Heart giving them a well deserved point.



Database  3  Ambrose Ellis  4

Another end to end game saw Ambrose Ellis come out winners by the odd goal in seven from this thrilling encounter.

Both teams brought their recent confidence into this game and displayed their intentions from the off.

Two goals apiece at the break with strikes from John Bond and Jack Hayden for Database, and a brace from Mark Clarke for Ellis promised an interesting second half and so it proved.

Ellis took the lead with a Will King header ten minutes into the second half only for Database to level with a John Withe volley seven minutes later. But with time pushing on, Database began to flag and Liam Swayne nipped in to steal all three points for Ellis.

comments powered by Disqus

Premier League News